  • Subject: RE: Red books in PDF format
  • From: "Cotes, Steven" <cotess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:13:18 -0800

Denis,
most of the redbooks are not in PDF format. One I did recently find
was under "Redpieces" on Java Network Security. It is at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/SG242109/jns.pdf

I share your frustration. I wish IBM would standardize on PDF for
all their documentation, including manuals, redbooks, announcement
letters, .....

I also download many of their docs both so others can view them off
our lan and so I can take them home to work with and study on my
laptop. When I print some out I still find I use the soft copy for
searching
by scanning for stuff. Having a soft copy to supplement a hard copy
really
adds to their usability.
Having some PDF, some HTML and some PostScript though is
frustrating.

My 2CW,

 -Steve Cotes
 -cotess@data-io.com