  • Subject: Re: Downloading Print Spool files with CA/95
  • From: Danny McQuestion <dcmcques@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:16:22 -0600

Vern Hamberg wrote:

> So, it's not exactly the same as a printer session in old-time PCS. But I
> believe this will be possible in the next release of CA. Maybe CA will
> include an LPD server?

    This should be available in v3r1m3 that will be out in 1998.  It will
support
native IP printing instead of using ANYNET.  Below I copied a message thread
where I asked about native IP printing and TCP/IP device naming.  Out of all the
other features in the v3r1m3 Beta, these two will not be fully supported with
the
beta.  This is per the Client Access v3r1m3 Beta web site.

Danny Mc?

<------ Start Forwarded Comments ------>

Hi Danny,

About your question:
Any specifics on how the device naming and printer naming will work in Mod3 of
Client Access?
The answer is:
It will work the same as it does for SNA currently.

Thanks

Juan L. Soto
IBM Rochester, MN.
cam3beta@us.ibm.com