  • Subject: Re: CA95/NT Data Transfer over TCP/IP
  • From: Kirk Yates <yatesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:03:47 -0600

Jeff Crosby wrote:

> I have a question that I cannot find the answer to.  How do I run a
> Client Access Data Transfer over TCP/IP?  I am connected to the AS/400
> via TCP/IP.  Whenever I start the CA95/NT Data Transfer, it starts the
> Netsoft router to run it.  Is FTP the only data transfer available over
> TCP/IP?

The icons on the toolbar for doing file transfers are not correct if your
running
Client Access 95/NT over TCP/IP.  Edit your toolbar and delete those icons then
use the following steps to create new ones:
******************* PC --> AS/400
1) Start with your PC5250 session.
2) Right click on the toolbar and select "Create Item"
3) Left click on the "Application" tab.
4) Left click on the "List" button and look in the "Client Access" folder for
program CWBTF.EXE.  Left click on the program name, then left click the "OK"
button.
5) In the "Application parameters" field enter "/f"
6) Left click on the "Visual" button
7) In the "Tool bar text:" field, enter "PC --> AS/400"  ** 2 dashes and arrow
pointing to AS/400**
8) In the "Description:" field, enter "Transfer a file from PC to AS/400"
9) Left click on the "OK" button
******************** and for AS/400 --> PC
10) Right click on the toolbar and select "Create Item"
11) Left click on the "Application" tab.
12) Left click on the "List" button and look in the "Client Access" folder for
program CWBTF.EXE.  Left click on the program name, then left click the "OK"
button.
13) In the "Application parameters" field enter "/t"  ** different parameter **
14) Left click on the "Visual" button
15) In the "Tool bar text:" field, enter "AS/400 --> PC"  ** 2 dashes and arrow
pointing to PC **
16) In the "Description:" field, enter "Transfer a file from AS/400 to PC"
17) Left click on the "OK" button
--
Kirk R. Yates
Director of Data Processing