  • Subject: ##EMailNumber 01-WNY-6514111 Re: Defer Write parameter in Print File - Reply
  • From: jmoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:15:12 -0500

Gary Feinstein  wrote:
          I have a spooled file sitting in my output queue that has a
status of
*HLD.  When I try to release the file, it disappears for a second then
goes back to *HLD status.  It never prints.  I looked at the printer
file that wuz used to create the file and it had a *YES for the defer
print status.  Is this why it won't print?  Also, is there any way to
make it print?
-              If you can get to the invocation stack and change the
override easy solution.            If yo can change the execution of the
program to be HOLD(*yes) and DFRWRT(*NO) externally you can change the HOLD
*YES/*NO parameter and the SCHEDULE parameter.                    If you
can change the pgm that generates the spooled file may want to consider
changing the OPEN/CLOSE/PRINT Opcodes with OPEN/PRINT/FEOD/CLOSE Opcodes.
                    And last. Just remember that you cannot get to a
spooled file until it has MATERIALIZED.  Let's say and call this : "Things
that IBM loves to buffer for you" good luck to you      Jorge Moreno /
Military Cars / Woodbury NY / jmoreno@militarycars.com