  • Subject: Re: multiple time zones on 1 AS/400
  • From: Pete Massiello <pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 07:51:30 -0500

Gamache, Fred (HT-EX) wrote:

> I have an AS/400 on the East coast, supporting users on the West coast
> (and East coast).  I'm running into a problem at month end, when my West
> coast users need to work until midnight (their time) to ship orders.  My
> AS/400's date has changed to be the new month, since it is after
> midnight in the East, so my West coast users transactions are now dated
> with the wrong month.  Anyone else dealing with East/West time zone
> issues?
>
> Looking for any input.
>
> Fred Gamache
> Fgamache@nlvl.com

Fred,

   Instead of taking the system date, take the job date.  This date is
received at Signon, and then not changed during the course of the job.
We have seen this from the other side of the coin.  Where we would say
"Why does this transaction have yesterdays value, only to find out it
was using the job date as opposed to the system date.

   Another way to do this, is to have a data area that contains a date.
You have a job on a job scheduler that at 1:00am Eastern time, rolls the
job to the next day.

HTH

--
Pete Massiello