  • Subject: RE: CA400 on Win/NT - setting up connections
  • From: "Cotes, Steven" <cotess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:20:54 -0800

David,
What you are looking for is known as a "common group".
You need to be logged in as an admin on the PC to create
and add to it.
The following is from the NT Help.
---------
To add a common group in the Programs menu

1       Make sure you are logged on with administrative privileges.

2       Right-click Start.
3       Click Open All Users.
4       Install or create items in the Programs folder.

Anything you install or create in the Programs folder appears below the
separator line at the bottom of the Programs menu.

Note

Administrators can use this to create items in one place that appear on
all users' Start menus.  For example, to create a Word95 shortcut for a
computer with multiple users, create the link to Winword.exe in the All
Users\Start Menu\Programs folder.
--------

HTH
 -Steve Cotes