Robert,

I would suggest that topics regarding the AS/400 be sent also to the
midrange-l@midrange.com listserver.

We have a fairly decent cross section of users and IBM'ers on this list
and I'm also cc'ing this reply with your original to the m-l list...

Frankly, I'm one of the probably few folks left that thinks PL/I was and
should still be (if the damn standards folks hadn't abandoned it) one of
the best languages out there.

Don in DC metro