  • Subject: Network Station Setup
  • From: Chris Cole <ChrisC@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:38:48 +0100

Hello

Has anyone got an IBM NC successfully working to an AS/400.  I have two
problems:

1.  The NC won't connect with the AS/400 (via MAC address) if I set the
NC to boot from the network.  If I set the AS/400's TCP/IP address in
NVRAM it downloads the kernel OK.

2.  After downloading the kernel it should download the login script.
It falls over at this point becuase it can't find the login.nws at
/qibm/proddata/networkstation/mods/login.nws.  It has already downloaded
the fonts from another /qibm path.

I am connecting via Ethernet and am fairly sure that I have set
everything correctly.  I can telnet from the NC to the AS/400.
The result on the NC is that it bombs into the User Services screen and
not into the Network Station Manager screen.

Thanks in advance

Chris Cole
chrisc@itexjsy.com