  • Subject: RE: How to break up a LARGE physical fil
  • From: Brian Johnson <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 10:49:00 -0500

How about a record format selector program?  I've never used one, but
it's there on the CRTLF command (FMTSLR).  Programs specify the file name
for all IO operations, and the format selector program selects the format
name for record inserts.  Only the format selector needs to know the
record format names.  Sounds simple, I wonder if it works?  See the
DB2/400 Programming manual for more information.

 --
Brian Johnson
Help/Systems, Inc.