Subject: Re: SNDDST command SUBJECT
Author:  Carol.Collins@DOEGJPO.COM (Carol Collins) at vpn
Date:    07/10/1997 3:56 PM

Mark Stepan writes:
     >I am trying to send a message from an AS/400 (V3R2) using the SNDDST
     >command.  The destination is a cc:Mail server that we have linked to
     >text-pagers so that a user will be paged when a message is received.
     > The problem I am having is that I have been unable to control the
     >SUBJECT AREA of the destination message.  This is important since
     >the text that is in the subject area is what is actually sent to the
     >pager.  There is a DESCRIPTION of the message being sent [required]
     >which as far as I can tell does absolutley nothing.

 I use the SNDDST command to send messages (actually files) to our cc:Mail
 post office.  The subject is received via the SUBJECT parameter, as shown
 here.

 RUNLST:     PGM
             SNDDST TYPE(*FILE) DSTD(NONE) TOUSRID((security hdl)) +
                SUBJECT(AS400_ACCESSES) DOCFILE(security/hsum97058A ) +
                DOCTYPE(*FFT) SNDFMT(*NOTE)
             ENDPGM

 Note that the SUBJECT parameter value cannot contain any spaces.  If it
 does, only the text before the space will be received as the subject.

 Hope this helps.

   -- Carol

 |    Carol Collins   Sr. Network Administrator                          |
 |                    WASTREN  /  Holmes and Narver Services, Inc.       |
 |                    2597 B-3/4 Road                                    |
 |                    Grand Junction, CO  81503                          |
 |                    U.S. Dept of Energy  Grand Junction Office         |
 |    Internet:       Carol.Collins@doegjpo.com                          |
 |    Phone   :       (970) 248-6524                                     |