  • Subject: Re: CA/400 Netware for SAA File Transfer
  • From: Mark Welte <MWelte@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:30:00 -0400

I tried the STRHOSTSVR trick. I didn't solve the problem so I called
IBM. I described the problem (CA/NT file transfer starts, then a job
with my device name pops up in QCMN and has a message in its job log
which says: PWS0008 - The OS/400 database server cannot be run. CAUSE .
. : Stream fetch is only supported through the QSERVER subsystem.). He
had me disconnect my session on the PC and then at a terminal he had me
do this:

ADDCMNE SBSD(QCMN) DEV(*APPC) DFTUSR(*SYS) MODE(QSERVER) MAXACT(0)

Then vary off the *APPC device for my PC and then vary it back on. Then
the file transfer worked. He said that each *APPC device would need to
be varied off and then back on for this to take effect.

I knew it had to be something like that but I would have never guessed
exactly what to do. Thanks IBM support line!

BTW, I was not using a SAA gateway, I'm using AnyNet.

Mark Welte
Denso Manufacturing Tennessee, Inc.