Hey, been there, done that....

My intention with the lazy user pun was to slam those nitwits that WON'T
LEARN ANYTHING BEYOND POINT AND CLICK and think that the world should
revolve around their f'ing mouse!

I fully support that ole green screens are in MANY cases the prefered for
the user...and yes, I prefer a green screen when doing heads down 5250
type coding...also prefer to give it to the floor folks, data entry, etc.,
and MOST folks don't need all that GUI "stuff"!  Will someone tell me WHY
a person that's just doing order entry NEEDS a PC???  With all the latest
windows stuff????

 Hey, I've put in MORE than my share of those 80 hr weeks sans ANY thanks
and watched the doinks in marketing/accounting/production get all the
awards and bonuses.  I KNOW what it's like to see my S/38 or AS/400 turned
into some damn giant adding machine for the bean counters who have no more
life than to make sure that their general ledger balances....

...that's why I left MIS management LOOOONNNNGGGG ago!  I still put in
regular 60+hr weeks, but this time I GET PAID FOR IT!  ...and I even get
an occassional "thank you", which is something I NEVER got from a
boss....and I don't plan on going back to that ole scene.....  Perhaps if
Al's and my predictions come true about 2002, I may not have much choice,
but for the time being, those days are history!