  • Subject: RE: Display problem
  • From: Brian Johnson <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 17:52:00 -0500

I use an attention program much like the one you describe.  The window
works as you wish yours did.  Here's the DDS:

     A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3
                 -
     A                                             27 132 *DS4)

     A                                      PRINT

     A          R GRPJOBS                   SFL

     A                                      CHGINPDFT

     A            OPT            1A  I  7  3TEXT('Group job processing
option')
     A                                      VALUES(' ' '1' '4')

     A N70                                  DSPATR(UL)

     A                                      INDTXT(70 'This is the
current job,-
     A                                       no option allowed')

     A  70                                  DSPATR(PR)

     A N70                                  DSPATR(PC)

     A            GRPJOB        10A  O  7  6TEXT('Group job name')

     A            GRPTXT        27A  O  7 17TEXT('Group job text')

     A          R GRPJOBSC                  SFLCTL(GRPJOBS)

     A                                      TEXT('Group jobs selection
list sub-
     A                                      file control')

     A                                      CA03(03 'Exit')

     A                                      CA05(05 'Refresh')

     A                                      CA06(06 'TFRGRPJOB')

     A                                      CA10(10 'Command entry')

     A                                      CA12(12 'Cancel')

     A                                      KEEP

     A                                      BLINK

     A                                      OVERLAY

     A N80                                  ERASE(GRPJOBS)

     A  80                                  SFLDSP

     A  81                                  SFLDSPCTL

     A  84                                  SFLCLR

     A  80                                  SFLEND(*MORE)

     A  *DS3                                SFLSIZ(0016)

     A  *DS4                                SFLSIZ(0016)

     A  *DS3                                SFLPAG(0007)

     A  *DS4                                SFLPAG(0007)

     A  *DS3                                WINDOW(WINDOW)

     A  *DS4                                WINDOW(WINDOW)

     A                                  1 13'Work with Group Jobs'

     A                                      DSPATR(HI)

     A                                  3  2'Type option, press Enter.'

     A                                  4  3'1=Transfer to group job'

     A                                  4 28'4=End group job'

     A                                  6  2'Opt'

     A                                      DSPATR(HI)

     A                                      DSPATR(UL)

     A                                  6  6'Group job '

     A                                      DSPATR(HI)

     A                                      DSPATR(UL)

     A                                  6 17'Text                       '

     A                                      DSPATR(HI)

     A                                      DSPATR(UL)

     A          R CMDKEYS

     A                                      WINDOW(WINDOW)

     A                                      TEXT('Command keys text')

     A                                 16  2'F3=Exit'

     A                                 16 11'F5=Refresh'

     A                                 16 23'F6=TFRGRPJOB'

     A                                 16 37'F10=QCMD'

     A                                 17  2'F12=Cancel'

     A                                 17 23'Attn=OfficeVision/400'

     A                                      TEXT('Conditioned by *IN71
(on=disp-
     A                                      lay)')

     A N71                                  DSPATR(ND)

     A                                      INDTXT(71 'Current job is
QUOPT; At-
     A                                      tn=OfficeVision/400')

     A          R WINDOW

     A                                      TEXT('Window definition')

     A                                      OVERLAY

     A                                      WINDOW(4 16 17 44)

     A                                      WDWBORDER((*COLOR YLW)
(*DSPATR RI)-
     A                                       (*CHAR '        '))

     A                                      USRRSTDSP

     A          R DUMMYREC

     A                                      TEXT('Unused record for
ASSUME keyw-
     A                                      ord')

     A                                      ASSUME

     A                                  1  2' '

     A          R RMVWINDO

     A                                      TEXT('Non-window record
written to -
     A                                      remove the window.')

     A                                      OVERLAY

     A                                      CLRL(*NO)

     A                                      FRCDTA

     A                                 24 79' '

              ****** END OF DATA ******

On Friday, June 13, 1997 5:46 PM, Matthias Oertli
[SMTP:oertlim@s054.aone.net.au] wrote:
> We have an attention key handling program that pops up a
> window listing all active group jobs to choose from.
> This work well as long as the display is in 80x24 mode.
> If it is in 132 column mode the attention key handler forces
> the display back into 80 column mode which cleares the
> screen behind the window. If we exit the attention key handler
> the screen switches back to 132 column mode.
> I would like to be able to pop the attention key handler up in
> 132 column mode but don't know how to detect it and how
> to set up the display file to be able to handle both.
> A pointers?
>
> Matthias

Brian Johnson
Help/Systems, Inc.