  • Subject: Re: Successful FTP Code
  • From: vishu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Vishwanath Nemani)
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 03:13:31 -0400 (EDT)

 "Terry Glass" <tglass@netpath.net> wrote:

>For those who requested the code to check for a successful FTP-here it is.
>I can't take credit, Carl Galgano and Cathy Wilbur supplied most of the
>bits and pieces.   This code runs on 3 different systems, and I trap the
>output log so it can be referred to if necessary.  In this case, we're
>going from an AS400 to a PC-based imaging system.

There's another way of achieving this.  Code an FTP source code as follows:

ID PASSWORD
LS pathname  (DISK
QUIT

After executing this FTP session a file LSOUTPUT is created with member
LSOUTPUT. This file contains the list of all the files from the remote pathname.
Now in the CL program type following command:
RTVMBRD FILE(LSOUTPUT) NBRCURRCD(&NBRCURREC1)
This will give you the number of files existing in the remote path.

Now,  add the second line( LS pathname  (DISK )  in your original FTP source
code after the PUT command (shown below).

>Part 1-FTP TEXT
>ID PASWORD
>ASCII
>PUT LIB/FILE1 '''PC FILE'''
LS pathname  (DISK
>QUIT

Now in the CL program type following command:
RTVMBRD FILE(LSOUTPUT) NBRCURRCD(&NBRCURREC2)

The CL program can be something like this:

PGM

  execute the first FTP source code
  RTVMBRD FILE(LSOUTPUT) NBRCURRCD(&NBRCURREC1)

  execute your original FTP source code
 RTVMBRD FILE(LSOUTPUT) NBRCURRCD(&NBRCURREC2)

  /*check to see if the file was transferred successfully or not. */

 IF COND(&NBRCURREC2 *GT &NBRCURREC1)

      /*      "File transfer successfull...."        */

  ELSE

      /*      "File transfer Unsuccessfull...."         */

ENDPGM

HTH

Vishwanath Nemani

>Part 2-CL program
>             PGM
>
>             DCL        VAR(&SYSNAM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
>             DCL        VAR(&MEMBER) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
>
>             DCLF       FILE(QTEMP/FTPLOG)
>
>/* Create temp file to capture FTP log                              */
>             CRTPF      FILE(QTEMP/FTPLOG) RCDLEN(132)
>             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(CLRPFM FILE(QTEMP/FTPLOG))
>
>/* Get system name & determine which FTP source to use              */
>             RTVNETA    SYSNAME(&SYSNAM)
>
>             IF         COND(&SYSNAM *EQ 'SYSTEM 1') THEN(DO)
>             CHGVAR     VAR(&MEMBER) VALUE('IMGSYS1')
>             ENDDO
>             IF         COND(&SYSNAM *EQ 'SYSTEM 2') THEN(DO)
>             CHGVAR     VAR(&MEMBER) VALUE('IMGSYS2')
>             ENDDO
>             IF         COND(&SYSNAM *EQ 'SYSTEM 3') THEN(DO)
>             CHGVAR     VAR(&MEMBER) VALUE('IMGSYS3')
>             ENDDO
>

>/* Override files, then perform FTP                                 */
>             OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(LIB/FTPSRC) MBR(&MEMBER)
>             OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTPLOG)
>
>             STRTCPFTP  RMTSYS(PCIMGSRVR)
>
>/* Trap FTP log in case it may be needed                            */
>             CPYF       FROMFILE(QTEMP/FTPLOG) TOFILE(LIB/FTPLOG) +
>                          MBROPT(*REPLACE) CRTFILE(*NO) FMTOPT(*NOCHK)
>
>/* Scan FTPLOG, if SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER (226) found, clear FILE1;    */
>/* else send operator message to check FTP status                   */
> RCVF:       RCVF
>             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ERROR))
>             IF         COND(%SST(&FTPLOG 1 3) *EQ '226') THEN(DO)
>             CLRPFM     FILE(LIB/FILE1)
>             SNDPGMMSG  MSG('FTP transfer of BL data to Imaging +
>                          completed successfully') TOUSR(*SYSOPR)
>             GOTO       CMDLBL(DONE)
>             ENDDO
>             ELSE       CMD(DO)
>             GOTO       CMDLBL(RCVF)
>             ENDDO
>
> ERROR:      SNDPGMMSG  MSG('FTP transfer of BL data to Imaging did +
>                          NOT complete successfully.  Please verify +
>                          that FTP is working both at this location +
>                          and at the corporate Imaging system +
>                          before retrying.  Please reply with your +
>                          User ID now.') TOUSR(*SYSOPR) MSGTYPE(*INQ)
>
> DONE:       DLTOVR     FILE(INPUT)
>                  DLTOVR     FILE(OUTPUT)
>
>             ENDPGM
>
>The code could probably be shorter, but it works.
>

>Terry L. Glass               tglass@netpath.net
>Graham, NC

                                  ======   Standard Disclaimer  =======

 I speak for myself not for the company I work for.