  • Subject: Large files in QSPL
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 22:51:46 -0700

In doing a little disk cleaning I noticed that the spoolfile files in QSPL
are of varying sizes.  There's a total of 9 of them with names like
Q04879N001, and they range from a mere 10MB, to 162MB.  The 162MB version
was created in 1993 (About the time we got the system), but had a last
changed date only two days old.  I've got a couple of questions about these
spoolfile files:

1) Am I stuck with the 162MB size on the big one, or is there a way I can
resize it to be smaller?

2) Any one like to hazard a guess as to why the sizes vary so much?

3) I'm fairly sure that it's the QTOTxxx system value that controls these
file sizes, but I have to admit that I've never really understood how
QTOTxxx values do whatever it is they do.  Anyone care to clue me in?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

jte