  • Subject: Re: net.data problem
  • From: "Dennis Knee" <dknee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 11:28:48 -500
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <dknee@norcal.org>

> Date:          Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:27:27 -0400
> From:          "Gamache, Fred (HT-EX)" <FGamache@gic.gi.com>
> Subject:       net.data problem
> To:            "'Midrange List'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>

> I am trying to get net.data working on my AS/400.  When I enter a URL
> that points to a macro that should return some records, Netscape give me
> a message box that says "No data".  The data I am using is listed below.
>  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Fred Gamache
> fgamache@compuserve.com

> macro location:
> \www\macro\nettest.txt
> data in CGIBIN/INI:
> MACRO_PATH /www/macro
>
> macro in nettest.txt:
>
>       %DEFINE DATABASE="PALWEBDB"
>
>       %FUNCTION(DTW_SQL) myQuery() {
>       select * from wwwdata/custmast
>       %}
>
>       %HTML(REPORT) {
>       @myQuery()
>       %}
> data in the HTTP config file
>  #
>  #
>  #  Enable CGI progams & Net.Data
>  #
>  Enable           GET
>  Enable           POST
>  #
>  #   Mapping directive for Net.Data
>  #
>  Map /cgi-bin/db2www/*   /QSYS.LIB/CGIBIN.LIB/DB2WWW.PGM
>  Map /CGI-BIN/DB2WWW/*   /QSYS.LIB/CGIBIN.LIB/DB2WWW.PGM
>  #
>  Exec /QSYS.LIB/CGIBIN.LIB/*
>  Exec /qsys.lib/cgibin.lib/*
>  #
>  Pass /* /WEBINFO/*
> url being executed:
> http://hostname/cgi-bin/db2www/nettest.txt/report

If I remember correctly, you should not have a pass */. I believe
this well interfere with the cgi stuff.

Also if you query too much data you may get a no data error because
of a timeout.
The opinions expressed are my own, not those of my employer.

Dennis Knee
Information Technology
Church of the Nazarene