  • Subject: Re: COMMON -Thoughts
  • From: "Joe Teff" <jteff19@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:55:36 -0500

I like the idea of videotaping sessions, though I don't think it should be
subsidized with registration and/or membership fees. These tapes would be
sold for fair market value to COMMON members. Look at tapes being sold by
people like Cozzi and price these tapes accordingly. The equipment would be
used at 2 conferences a year so that cost would be spread out over time.
The people running the cameras don't need to be programmers, hire them like
the session monitors.
Handouts should only be a supplement to a session. I do not go around and
collect handouts anymore because they are worthless without attending the
session. This is not bad. Otherwise, there is no point to have speakers.

Joe Teff
QDS
Bloomington, MN
> Let me get this straight.  The same group of people that griped about
COMMON
> raising their rates a year or so ago is now wanting everything
VIDEOTAPED?