  • Subject: Re: V3R6 APIs Turn ILE *SRVPGMs into DLLs
  • From: John Dorn <jdorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:44:04 -0400

Rudolf Wiesmayr wrote:

> John Dorn wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know what system service program exports QleActBndPgm and
> > QleGetExp?  What ILE C headers are required?  Are these functions
> > available under V3R1 and/or V3R2?  Require a PTF?
> >
> I searched the QSYSINC library and found the prototypes
> for QleActBndPgm and QleGetExp in QSysInc/H/QLEAWI.
>
> To find out the service program one could consult
> the linker listing...

Thanks Rudolf.  I found the service program, oddly enough it is
named QLEAWI :)  The exports are present on V3R7 but are not
available on V3R1 or V3R2.  Does anyone know if the functions
are (or going to be) available for IMPI boxes or is this another
area that is RISC only?  It has been stated that the functions are
available in V3R6 and I assume that would mean they would also be
available in at least V3R2.

Also, does anyone know how expensive these calls are in comparison
to resolving a system pointer to a program (and calling)?  My guess
would be QleActBndPgm is fairly expensive and dependent on the
complexity of the service program and QleGetExp is quick.  The
performance or lack of would definitely dictate how the new functions
could be used.

Thanks again,

John Dorn
I/NET, Inc.