  • Subject: Re: finding the right place in a RRN file
  • From: Jim Welsh <jimwelsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:21:03 -0400

John Carr wrote:

> I have been writing RPGIV for over 3 years,  8 hours a day. So I have seen a
> little ILE/RPG.   Also for the record;
>   I wrote a White Paper for IBM on Visual RPG( I was there when it was still a
> neat idea in George F's  mind),  I have been on numerous RPG future commitees
> for IBM Toronto (and Rochester)
> And when it comes to subject of maintainable code,   you won't   find a bigger
> bigot. ( I've done a 2 hour session at about 6 COMMONs in a row on that
>subject
> with 200-300 people in the room.)
> I even have filled in on sessions for  Charlie,
> and also the bad boy of RPG, the rebel without a where clause  -  the
>Bob-ster.
>
> Respectfully
> John P. Carr   CDP
> EdgeTech Inc.
> 74711.77@compuserve.com

John

It's been so long since i've worked in a shop that had at least one
other Guru type of guy, plus some other situations on the home front
that have kept me out of the loop so to speak, that well, i just haven't
had the exposure to conferences such as COMMOM...etc.

I'm trying to turn that and my career around.

Hey if you know of any good shops in the Tampa Bay area feel free to
inform me.

Bad boy of RPG huh, what's he doing now, wearing blue jeans that are
five sizes too big ? lol

--
Jim

http://www.netcom.com/~jimwelsh/welcome.html