  • Subject: Re: Defining help for User defined Commands.
  • From: "Anil Aleti"<Anil_Aleti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:57:07 -0700

>Denis wrote
>To do so, you must compile your command specifying the
>HLPPNLGRP(*LIBL/xxx) HLPID(xxx) keywords. Then, on the panel group, the
>first HELP/EHELP group is for the hole command, the other HELP/EHELP are
>for the parameters of the command (the segond help is for the 1rst
>parameter, the third is for the second parameter ...)
>hope this help

 Hi Denis,

I have two parameters in a command. As of now the command works properly,
no problems. Now I want to define help for each field. I have compiled the
command as you said, still I doesn't work. The first help it takes as
Global help and field level helps it doesn't show. Following is the way I
have compiled the text in the panalgroup. Could U please let me know if I
am missedout anything.

Panal group text.(Just an experimental text for the command to check if it
works)
Columns . . . :    1  71           Browse                    AALETI/AQRPGSR
 SEU==>
ZZZ
 FMT **  ...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6
...+... 7
        *************** Beginning of data
************************************
0001.00 :pnlgrp.
0002.00 :help name = ZZG0.
0003.00 :P.
0004.00 This is just global help.
0005.00 :EP.
0006.00 :ehelp.
0007.00 :help name = ZZG1.
0008.00 :P.
0009.00 This is just local-1 help.
0010.00 :EP.
0011.00 :ehelp.
0012.00 :help name = ZZG2.
0013.00 :P.
0014.00 This is just local-2 help.
0015.00 :EP.
0016.0     :ehelp.
0017.00 :epnlgrp.

Compilation options.
Command  . . . . . . . . . . . . > GENSRC        Name
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   U#AALETI    Name, *CURLIB
Program to process command . . . > GENSRCRPG     Name, *REXX
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Source file  . . . . . . . . . . > AQRPGSRC      Name
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   U#AALETI    Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Source member  . . . . . . . . . > GENSRC        Name, *CMD
Text 'description' . . . . . . .   *SRCMBRTXT

Help panel group . . . . . . . . > ZZZ          Name, *NONE
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Help identifier  . . . . . . . . > ZZ            Character value, *CMD,
*NONE
 Help search index  . . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *NONE

Please let me know if am missing anyting. TIA.

Regards,

Anil Aleti.

denisr @ ivic.qc.ca (Denis Robitaille)
04/15/97 06:42 AM