Position: Senior RPG Developer
Reports To: Director of Application Development
Work Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Apply At: https://www.dice.com/job-detail/76d9383f755bb0df60b621b59a42c1dc
The Senior RPG Software Developer develops specifications for multiple business units within the organization. This position will be responsible for the design, development, coding, and testing of new applications using RPG/Free. Must be proficient in reading and modifying RPG II/III programs.
The ideal candidate should be an IBM i enthusiast and view the platform as a viable solution, not a legacy system. The person taking this role should be prepared to take over as manager the software development team and lead them on the IBM i platform for years to come.
THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING OPPERTUNITY FOR A SKILLED DEVELOPER TO ADVANCE HIS/HER CAREER WITH A STABLE COMPANY THAT WILL REMAIN ON THE IBM i FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 12 YEARS.
* This position is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Working on-site daily is a requirement. We do not have any remote positions.
o We MAY offer some, but not 100%, relocation assistance depending on individual circumstances.
* You must be able to provide documentation that you are authorized to work in the United States.
* Salary is dependent on experience and matching our required skills
* Nothing in this document is to be considered as an offer for employment.
* Meet with teammates to determine new software to be written or changes to existing modules.
* Design / code using RPG/Free with little to no supervision.
* Evaluate and test software to verify that applications function according to teammate requirements.
* Design and maintain testing environments
* Create and maintain documentation of user applications
* Mentor junior members of development team
* Other functions as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge and Skills Required
* 10-12 years working experience designing software using RPG. This includes:
o RPG /FREE
o Hands-on experience with IBM 7.4 or higher
o Embedded SQL
o Creation of physical and logical files
o CLLE programming and screen design
o IBM Rational Developer for i
* Any hands-on experience with Profound Logic would be a major plus. Applicants that are proficient with using Profound Logic designer will be considered before all others
* Full understanding of REST & APIs using JSON
* Some experience with PayPal and/or EDI development integration is a plus
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Successful achievements in a team environment
* Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required
* Willingness to advance their career as an advocate of the IBM platform
* 401(k) with employer match
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* PTO - Sick and Vacation Time - Increases with years of service
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.