J.H. Fletcher & Co., a worldwide manufacturer of underground mining machinery dedicated to increasing safety and production for over 80 years has an immediate opening for an IT Programmer.
The IT Programmer would be responsible for developing and maintaining business applications running on the IBM i; work directly with personnel to define requirements for application changes and enhancements, ensure the IBM i is available for business operations, ensure the operating system on the IBM i is up to date, maintain documentation of applications, and assist in training J.H. Fletcher & Co. personnel on using existing and new applications. J.H. Fletcher & Co. offers a competitive benefits package. Must be willing to relocate to Huntington, WV.
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, IT, or computer science.
* 4 - 7 years of application development experience using the IBM i.
* Superior knowledge and experience in iSeries, RPG400/Free, ILE, SQL, SQL RPG, CL and DB2 Database, DDS, and DDL.
* Basic understanding of iSeries communication protocols used to communicate both internally and externally (customers, vendors, banks, etc.): TCP/IP, SFTP, FTPS, SMTP, NTP, and NFS.
* Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
* Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Internet/search engine savvy.
* Excellent listening skills, self-starter, assertive and thorough
* Follows established procedures
* Ability to meet deadlines and to adapt to changing priority and process
* Experience gathering and documenting requirements
* Ability to solve difficult problems and deal with a variety of variables without a defined "right-answer".
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and changing priorities.
* Successful interfacing with management and diverse groups of people with varying skill levels.
* Troubleshoots and debugs existing code and systems to identify and resolve issues.
To apply, please visit our website www.jhfletcher.com/careers.html and either apply online or download the application and mail it in.
J.H. Fletcher & Co.(r)
402 High St.
Huntington, WV 25705
304-525-7811 ext. 276
The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for use by the designated recipient. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.