This is the official posting. My guess is that the formatting might not post well.Current Job Openings | Lamps Plus
Send an inquriy to vwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have questions.
SENIOR SYSTEMS MANAGER – Chatsworth,CA
Under the supervision of the Director of InformationTechnology, the SENIOR SYSTEMS MANAGERis responsible for monitoring the health of the servers. This position works in conjunction with otherSystem Engineers in the department.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the servers and taking the appropriate action to maintain system integrity, availability, including documenting procedures. Analyzing log files and drawing conclusions form their contents; monitoring the consumption of critical resources.
- Develop and maintain a thorough plan for upgrading the current system including operating systems, application software, equipment and the implementation schedule as needed. This will entail evaluating multiple products (or options) and making a determination regarding their applicability and their value to the company.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server software related problems.
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and allocating storage for all enterprise applications.
- 5-7 years of experience working with Linux, SAN and virtual based environments to include AIX, Unix, Virtualization VIOS and VMWare.
- Serve as the subject matter expert of Off the Shelf products used by the security team in order to provide oversight of those products in the computing environment.
- Basic understanding of security at a Systems level to include deny/allow rules (IP tables/Powertech/IP filters).
- Experience with IBMi, SQL, DB, Zabbix/Solar winds a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to maintain an efficient operating environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and produce reports as requested by management.
- Must possess skills and knowledge to maintain the server in top condition at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain uptimes of 99.9% on server applications.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, walk, sit and type for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as business needs require. Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.
How to Apply:
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including401k with employer matching contribution, generous employee discounts and muchmore.
Join our winning team!
To apply, send your resume,including salary requirement to resumes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2020 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact