Our Software Engineers:
At Dealertrack, we offer the chance to do your best work and help lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
The RPG Software Engineer will work to maintain and enhance existing applications as well as research and develop new solutions for business problems. The successful candidate will work with a team to analyze, code and test existing software for our Dealer Management Solution.
In your role you will use your problem-solving skills to analyze and researches industry tools to discover ways to improve efficiency of applications and techniques. The RPG Software Engineer will have experience with procedures, service programs, API calls, binding directories, and web technologies.
* Develops new software solutions for business problems
* Analyzes and researches industry tools and knowledge to discover ways to improve efficiency of applications and techniques
* Maintains existing applications including analysis, debugging, coding, testing, and documenting changes
* Attends meetings and administrative functions
What we look for:
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience
* 3 to 5 years related experience
* Demonstrated technical skills to maintain, enhance, and develop applications in RPGIV / ILE and CLLE
* Familiarity with iSeries DB2 databases, iSeries IFS, iSeries connectivity to PCs and networks
* Experience with Embedded SQL in RPGLE, prototypes and procedures, service programs, API calls, binding directories
* Experience with .Net, RPG Open Access Handlers, web services, XML, AJAX, JSON and/or web applications is helpful
* Object oriented programming background with strong SQL experience preferred
Who We Are + What We Do:
As part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealertrack is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today's digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
A Cox Automotive Brand