I have an opening in southeast North Dakota for an experienced AS/400 RPG programmer who is willing to learn new technologies. This is a permanent position. The company is using Dynamics software and are very willing to train on this technology. I have noticed a significant increase in the number of AS/400 shops using Dynamics and think this could be a valuable tool for you to have in your arsenal.
Here is a quick job description. Let me know if you are interested. If you are, I will get you more details.
The Systems Analyst will assist the IT Department with administration of Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP Software. Also, developing and maintaining Agricultural Accounting systems on an IBM iSeries server utilizing RPG programming language. They will also design, develop, and test a new Laboratory Information System for manufacturing production and a Harvest Information System.
• Primary tasks designing, writing and maintaining programs as well as researching and fixing problems utilizing RPG, and various report writers. Microsoft Dynamics GP administration and SQL DB administration.
• Work with IT Managers, Business Analyst, who will assign tasks, provide guidance, and review work (both design and development).
• Work with business managers: Business managers will define requirements and test systems.
• Work with users: Provide assistance for Microsoft Dynamics GP, design and maintain reports bases on user requirements.
• Technologies: iSeries administration, RPG, or Microsoft Dynamics GP software, SQL Database, Windows Server, Excel, and Access (required)
• Minimum AS degree with a concentration in Software Development or Computer Science and class work in Accounting. (required)
• Good verbal and written communication skills. (required)
• Ability to work under pressure and within strict time constraints while working in a changing environment with continually changing direction and requirements. (required)
• Good organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects. (required)
• Self-directed and capable of taking a proactive attitude. (required)
• Able to respond to system failures within 20 minutes in a 24 X 7 operation. (preferred)
• Basic understanding of accounting, manufacturing, specifically Microsoft Dynamics GP. (preferred)
• Programming experience: Two or more years of experience, specifically program logic, programming, data migration, and all phases of testing. (preferred)
• Experience training system users and coordinating activity of system consultants, outside programmers, and vendors. (preferred)
IT Recruiting Manager
Resource Placement Group III
Waterloo, IA 50704
Built on integrity! Our quality professional solutions have been assisting our clients with employment needs for over 25 years. Let us show you the difference Resource Placement Group can make.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.