iSeries Systems Administrator II
To perform a broad range of complex tasks in the implementation and maintenance of management information systems; to provide technical support for a combination of iSeries servers, external storage systems, software, and peripheral equipment. Will work in a 24-7-365 complex data center environment requiring proficiency in a wide array of technical fields.
* Responsible for all aspects of AAA Cooper Transportation's IBM iSeries environment.
* Responsible for managing IBM iSeries technology resources that support production and test operations for Lawson Financial Suites of Applications.
* Perform/manage system maintenance and upgrades of i5/OS and 3rd party software products; includes operating system upgrades and patch or PTF application across multiple systems. Requires knowledge of system recovery if necessary.
* Responsible for monitoring performance across multiple systems and the local network, managing disk capacity, and making recommendations for improvement as necessary.
* Investigate and perform risk remediation for assigned hardware/software events; work with peers and vendors to resolve outstanding issues.
* Able to communicate effectively and work in a team-oriented environment; will support applications development, networking, and other departments as necessary.
* Collaborate with peers and technology and business leaders to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
* Understand and conform to AAA Cooper standards, processes, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
* Follow accepted project methodologies, life cycle development standards, and AAA Cooper Transportation Technology Services policies and procedures in developing and implementing changes.
* Requires demonstrated knowledge of iSeries systems.
* Experience with configuring and troubleshooting hardware and network resources such as I/O devices, TCP/IP connections, printers, tape and media library, and DASD.
* Understanding of data protection and recovery methodologies.
* Experience with HMC (Hardware Management Console), CL programming, BRMS or similar save/restore operations, printer control, system performance monitoring and a basic knowledge of IP networking protocol.
Optional Desired Skills:
* Knowledge of DR/HA and business continuity methodologies and solutions.
* Knowledge of external storage technology such as IBM DS8000 or similar.
* Knowledge of virtualization methodologies and solutions.
* Knowledge of HelpSystems products.
* Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. with some weekend work, as required.
* Travel for training and/or remote site maintenance possible.
* Participate in on call rotation and provide support as required.
Manager Systems Administration
AAA Cooper Transportation
1751 Kinsey Road
Dothan, AL 36303
This email and any attachment(s) is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information of AAA Cooper Transportation. Unless expressly agreed to the contrary, no representation is made by this email and it must only be used for the purpose for which it was supplied. Unintended recipients must not make or resend copies of this email, nor use its contents for any purpose.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.