This IBM Technical Hardware Specialist will be responsible for the
reconfiguration and testing of IBM Midrange products. These products would include
IBM iSeries, pSeries and xSeries servers and peripherals. The individual
would also be responsible for providing technical support to sales staff,
customers and end-users.
Declaration: The statements below reflect the items considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be
construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be
inherent in the job. The IBM Technical Hardware Specialist will:
* Audit incoming IBM Midrange hardware
* Reconfiguration of IBM Midrange equipment.
* Load system software and application software
* Completely test systems and peripherals for proper operation
* Troubleshoot and repair non working IBM Midrange equipment
* Provide technical support via phone to customers and end-users
* Provide technical support to sales staff
* Attention to detail
* Excellent skills in area of reconfiguration and testing of IBM Midrange
* Demonstrated ability to provide direct technical assistance to end users
* Good communication skills, including ability to effectively explain
* Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, co-workers,
* Understanding of IBM Midrange products
* Experience with reconfiguration of IBM Midrange products
* Experience with IBM operating systems OS/400 and System i
* Experience with loading and setup of IBM software applications
* Location: Alpharetta
* Compensation: Commensurate with skills, health isurance and
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
* * * Jason Palangio
Data Tech Computer
Backup Email: _dtcsinc5@xxxxxxxx (mailto:dtcsinc5@xxxxxxx)
AOL IM: dtcsinc5
Celebrating 15th Year Anniversary (1994-2009)
_Click Here: Data Tech Computer Services Website _
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.