Hiring managers say they stay clear of candidates who make these digital job-seeking mistakes:
* Not having an updated profile, with recommendations, on sites like LinkedIn or similar sites relating to your line of work
* Having a husband-and-wife e-mail address
* Having an AOL address. Some executives say those are very outdated.
* Not doing extensive research about the company, its culture and the position you're applying for
* Not filing your resume digitally, even if you bring paper backups
* "Cold" e-mailing executives with whom you've never made a prior connection, either online or in person
* Asking an executive you're hoping will hire you to be your "friend" on Facebook
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.