On 25-Oct-2010 17:48, Erik Olsson wrote:
Thanks, and sorry if I'm creating noise in this list.

If I rephrase myself perhaps a little more MI like :) - is it
possible to get the statement without exporting it to a source
member (which appears to be the official method)?

What is the reason for avoiding the use of a source member as the output device?

I am not aware of any API that was made available to provide access to the QM query statement by any other means than the output to a source physical file member [via EXPORT QUERY statement or RTVQMQRY CL command] or output to a spool file [via PRINT QUERY statement, using the QPQXOBJPF printer file].

The system-domain x/1931 object [space object type *QMQRY] could be resolved for an address to the object and set a pointer to the space, and with some reverse engineering, access the statement; e.g. as RTVQRYF does. A DMPOBJ of a QM query object shows the hex data in the MI space, to know what would be the data addressed by the space pointer.

Regards, Chuck

This thread ...