Barbara,

I was hoping that it wouldn't work that way, but thinking about the way RPG handles initializations, that behavior makes sense. I wonder if an additional keyword value would be in order, e.g. INZ(*CURRENT) or INZ(*CURRENTADD).

-mark

At 9/16/2010 05:19 PM, you wrote:
On 9/16/2010 11:08 AM, M. Lazarus wrote:

> In RPG you should be able to use the INZ(*EXTDFT) keyword on the field.

Using INZ, if you had a timestamp field, you'd get the same timestamp
for every record, rather than the exact timestamp when you wrote the record.

This thread ...