Erik,

In RPG you should be able to use the INZ(*EXTDFT) keyword on the field. I'm not sure how to do it in C.

-mark

At 9/16/2010 10:53 AM, you wrote:
Thanks Mark.
That RPG is using it's own way of initializing the date column in my example
to the value '0001-01-01' (ISO format), i.e. ignoring the DB2 default, is
one issue, yes.

But my primary question is how you get a default value to be written at all
when you don't have a write opcode that implicitly handles this for you?
Using the C runtime's _Rwrite in move mode one has to specify a full record
and if you don't have a valid date in the appropriate place it doesn't
compile. Is there another way beyond the LF/View solution?

Best wishes,
Erik