Hi Dennis,

You're probably missing nothing at all! I was just surprised that the
QPRCRTPG API doesn't flag /MXD, /HI, /NOR, /TR or /ZC as an invalid
branch/indicator keyword for the ADDN(IS) statement - that's all. I was
expecting a more rigorous syntax check from QPRCRTPG.

Based on the documentation provided by IBM, the valid branch/indicator tests
for ADDN are POS, NEG, ZER and UNOR - correct?

My question is why does QPRCRTPG see no fault with /HI, /MXD, /NOR, /TR, and
/ZC on the ADDN(IS) statements? My assumption is because the /POS
branch/indicator belongs to the same Keyword Group as /HI, /MXD, /NOR, /TR,
and /ZC. All six ADDN(IS) statements shown below result in the same
generated code:

ADDN(IS) MYVAR,1 /POS(INDICATOR);
ADDN(IS) MYVAR,1 /HI(INDICATOR);
ADDN(IS) MYVAR,1 /MXD(INDICATOR);
ADDN(IS) MYVAR,1 /NOR(INDICATOR);
ADDN(IS) MYVAR,1 /TR(INDICATOR);
ADDN(IS) MYVAR,1 /ZC(INDICATOR);

It's Friday and I'm probably disappearing up my own orifice looking into
this.

Richard