Hi, James:

You do know that an SQL VIEW does not include any index automatically, right?

Did you also issue an SQL CREATE INDEX command to create the index equivalent to what would be created by the DDS LF?

Or, perhaps you want to be using the INDEX instead of the view?

Just a thought, but it could have something to do with this ....

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury

> James H. H. Lampert wrote:
Well, now that I've had a chance to start tracing it, I know a bit more.

So far, everything where I've put breakpoints is completely identical between the DDS and SQL versions of the logical, up to the point where it crashes on the READ-equivalent CALLX.

To answer some of the questions that have come up:

In both cases, we are positioning by RRN.

The MCH1825 is sent from "DbDsiCursor," instruction 001EB8 to "QDBGETSQ," instruction 0C30.

The CPF5147 has reason code 2, and is sent from QDBSIGEX, instruction 0539, to my MI program, at the READ-equivalent CALLX.

Looking at a DSPFD of the SQL view, I find that the CREATE VIEW seems unremarkable; the select is via a "WHERE LPYSTO = 'D'" clause.

It seems that if I initially go to a RRN that satisfies the WHERE clause, I can do whatever I want without crashing, EXCEPT either go to the beginning of the file, or go explicitly to a RRN that doesn't satisfy the WHERE clause.

I'm continuing to dig through the code, attempting to find out if there are any differences in what happens between the SETLL-equivalent and the READ-equivalent.

--
JHHL