I noticed MI seems to interpret replication differently between array and
non-array initializations, for example:

DCL DD A    CHAR(6) INIT(*(1)(2)"a", *(3)(4)"b");
DCL DD B(6) CHAR(6) INIT(*(1)(2)"a", *(3)(4)"b");

this results in A:

"aabbbb"

and results in B:

"a     "
"a     "
"b     "
"b     "
"b     "
"b     "

I'm looking for a way to initialize first element in array B to "aaaaaa" by
specifying the "a" once, with replication factor 6.

Is this possible?