Steve,

QWCJBITP will certainly be a significant aid when trying to debug a users
job, fix up some problem in a file of another users job, etc.  An
advantage when using this API over previous approaches (such as break
handling programs) is that there is, in general, no need to have some form
of setup run in the "other" job (like allocating a *MSGQ).  I say "in
general" as the system administrators do have some control of the use of
this API with system values such as QALWJOBITP (Allow jobs to be
interrupted) and job specific APIs to enable/disable job interruption.

Bruce Vining

"Steve Richter" <srichter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mi400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/15/2006 08:47 AM
Please respond to
MI Programming on the AS400 / iSeries <mi400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MI Programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <mi400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [MI400] Accessing objects in another job's QTEMP