Prior to V5R3 the miximum size of a *USRQ was 32MB less some overhead for
queue definition information.  In V5R3 the limit was increased to 2GB (less
some overhead for queue definition).

Bruce Vining

             Dave McKenzie
             <davemck@zbiggrou
             p.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  MI Programming on the AS400 /
             mi400-bounces@mid         iSeries <mi400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             range.com                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/20/2005 11:03          Re: [MI400] Refresh my memory: is
             AM                        there some sort of  unstructured
                                       object that's cheap to create, and
                                       can automatically   expand?
             Please respond to
             MI Programming on
                the AS400 /
                  iSeries

I've used *USRQ's in QTEMP, and the only "gotcha" I remember was that
*USRQ's are limited in size to about 24 MB.  That shouldn't normallly be
a problem, but in our application, we could exceed 24 MB on vary rare
occasions.  We had to build homemade queues out of multiple *USRSPC's
(and a *USRIDX if it required keys).

The 24 MB number seems very strange.  Usually objects are limited to
some multiple of 16 MB (the size of a segment group).  E.g. *USRSPC's
are limited to 16 MB because they are designed to consist of just one
segment group.

I never dug in deep enough to find why the 24 MB limit.

--Dave