"Hewitt, Rory" <rory.hewitt@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Having talked to Satish
>afterwards, he as unwilling/unable to tell me exactly how the I/O
>programs know that a job is a WebFacing job.
>
>So, does anyone else know? I've tried dumping job structures in a
>WebFacing and a non-WebFacing job to find a nice "This is a WebFacing
>job" flag, but can't see any obvious difference. Maybe it simply checks
>if the call-stack was started by WebFacing or includes the various
>WebFacing controller programs - I dunno...
>
>Also, if there IS a simple 'flag' and I can set it and then use the
>data-buffers directly rather than the data-stream, would IBM consider
>this 'illegal'? My guess would be "Hell, yes!", but I'd appreciate any
>one else's POV. After all, if I'm not 'hacking' anything like some tools
>in the past, then am I breaking the rules?

Rory:

I can't help much; but since I've seen no other responses...

There is the QqfEnvironment procedure in service program QQFENV at V5R1. Very
simple; it returns a BIN(4) that is either 0 or 1 -- 1 means it's running in a
webfaced environment, AFAIK.

It requires ILE, so I don't know what you can do with it directly.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.