Here's what I know about the release level codes:

         SAVOBJ/
         SAVLIB   SAV
---------------------
V5R3M0    x43     xAF
V5R2M0     42      AE
V5R1M0     41      AD
V4R5M0     40      AC
V4R4M0     3F      AB
V4R3M0     3E      AA *
V4R1M4     3D      A9 *
V4R2M0     3C      A8 *
V4R1M0     3B      A7 *
V3R7M0     3A      A6 *
V3R2M0     36      A2
V3R6M0     35      A1 *
V3R1M0     34      A0
V3R0M5     31
V2R3M0     30

Notice the gaps and codes out of order.  They may give a glimpse into
the order that Rochester worked on the releases.

The SAV codes marked with * are guesses, based on the sequence of the
SAVOBJ/SAVLIB codes, which I'm sure of.

I don't recall when the IFS was introduced, so I didn't try to guess
V3R0M5 and V2R3.

Don't ask me what V4R1M4 was :-)  I found it by manually changing the
byte in the save file with SST, then looking at what DSPSAVF showed.

--Dave