The V5R3 Memo to Users is now available, as is the V5R3 InfoCenter.  It's not
complete; many PDFs are not yet available.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/info/rzaq9.pdf

It includes this, among other MI changes:

Mark counters changed from 32-bit integers to 64-bit integers.
A mark is an integer value that uniquely identifies and determines relativity
(like a time stamp) for program activations, invocations, and activation
groups. In V3R6, the Licensed Internal Code changed to support these marks as
64-bit integers instead of 32-bit integers. However, at the MI (Machine
Interface) level, marks were still returned as 32-bit integers by returning the
low 32 bits of the mark value. For very long-running jobs (the well-known
reliability of OS/400 has allowed jobs to run for weeks or even months), mark
values could exceed the maximum 32-bit integer value. At the MI level, these
32-bit mark values could wrap. If above-MI code tried to use a wrapped mark
value in an MI instruction, unexpected results could occur, including having
the job terminate abnormally.

In V5R3, MI instructions and callable APIs have been added or changed to return
the full 64-bit mark values. OS/400 code was changed to use the longer
activation and invocation marks. Any applications that use 32-bit activation
and invocation marks should be changed to use the longer 64-bit mark values to
avoid unexpected behavior when using mark values that cannot be accurately
represented in 32-bit values.
- ILE programs should replace the QleActBndPgm and QleGetExp APIs with
QleActBndPgmLong and QleGetExpLong, respectively.
- OS/400 PASE programs should replace runtime functions _ILELOAD and _ILESYM
with _ILELOADX and _ILESYMX, respectively.
- All programs that use the following MI instructions with 32-bit activation or
invocation marks should change to use 64-bit marks as documented in the
following MI instructions:
 - ACTBPGM
 - FNDRINVN
 - MATACTAT