That seems to be the problem.  When I reduced my variable to 4064, it
worked fine.  Thanks.

Bobby.

Robert Hicks
Combinatorics Consulting Company
Tel.: (248) 347 - 7222, ext. 222
Fax: (248) 347 - 7227
Email:  Robert.Hicks@ccc-michigan.com

                      Dave McKenzie
                      <davemck@zbiggrou        To:       mi400@midrange.com
                      p.com>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [MI400] User
profile
                      mi400-admin@midra
                      nge.com

                      07/10/02 02:40 PM
                      Please respond to
                      mi400

I think your CPYBWP is trying to copy more bytes than the size of the
space.

If I remember correctly, the bad offset was x'FE0' (4064).  Evidently the
associated space in this case is 1 page or 4096 bytes (but it could vary),
the first 32 bytes of which is a header (which MI can't get at), leaving
4064
of addressable space.

You can use the MATSOBJ instruction to get the actual space size, then copy
only that much:

  DCL SPCPTR MatoTmplP AUTO INIT(MatoTmpl);
  DCL DD MatoTmpl  CHAR(86) AUTO BDRY(16);
  DCL DD MatoProv     BIN(4) DEF(MatoTmpl) POS( 1) INIT(86);
  DCL DD MatoAvail    BIN(4) DEF(MatoTmpl) POS( 5);
  DCL DD MatoSpcSz    BIN(4) DEF(MatoTmpl) POS(83);

  DCL SPCPTR .User;
  DCL SPC     User  BAS(.User);

  RSLVSP          .ProfileDfn,Object,*,*;
  SETSPPFP .User,.ProfileDfn;

  MATSOBJ     MatoTmplP, .ProfileDfn;
  CPYBWP      Return_Space, User(1:MatoSpcSz);

--Dave