> Dear Jon,
> Thanks for providing even more details about the historical
> development of our beloved platform.

Just to remind everyone, Jon does know this for real[1], not second hand, as he
was very much alive & kicking[2] on the Languages (as in programming like RPG &
C, not spoken like our recent Latin 101) team in Toronto while all of what he
described was going on.

--phil

[1] How do I know this ? I spoke to him, Sal Visca, IIyia (sp?) a number of
times while fighting ILE/C & ILE/RPG @ V2R3.

[2] Not that I'm implying Jon is dead ;-) He's now alive & kicking somewhere
else.