----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Williams" <planesmart@teleteam.com>

> Interesting,  the problem I had with user indexes was the max size they
could
> be. Users indexes proved a speed that disk access could not come close to.

the user index can hold 2gig + entries.

> my last questions.  I need to retrieve images from the Optical systems,
and if
> they are stored in IFS.  I want to do it in MI because of the speed.

I dont know what you plan to do with the image files. But speed should not
be as important as the functionality you are providing.

> I bought a current MI manual, then maybe it would be there.  My current MI
> manual is about a version ago.

If your MI manual contains the heap instructions and the ILE compatible call
stack instructions you are current enough.

Not sure if the V5 MIFR contains any new instructions though.

Steve Richter