From: Allen Hartley <hartley@prodatacomputer.com>

> Where can I find a list of machine attributes, I am interested in
> determining the number of LPAR partitions.

MATMATR (Materialize Machine Attributes) function Hex 01E0:

Hex 01E0 Partitioning information

This option makes available partitioning information for the physical machine
and the current partition. The materialization format of partitioning
information (including the 8-byte prefix for number of bytes provided and
number of bytes available) is as follows:
Offset

Dec  Hex   Field Name   Data Type and Length
8  8   Current number of partitions   Char(1)
9  9   Current partition identifier   Char(1)
10  A   Primary partition identifier   Char(1)
11  B   Reserved (binary 0)   Char(5)
16  10  Logical serial number   Char(10)
26  1A   Reserved (binary 0)   Char(5)
31  1F   Processor sharing attributes   Char(1)
31  1F   Partition physical processor sharing attribute   Bit 0
   0 =  Partition does not share physical processors
   1 =  Partition shares physical processors
31  1F  Reserved (binary 0)   Bits 1-7
32  20  Minimum number of processors   UBin(2)
34  22  Maximum number of processors   UBin(2)
36  24  Current number of processors   UBin(2)
38  26  Reserved (binary 0)   Char(2)
40  28  Configured minimum memory (in megabytes)  UBin(4)
44  2C  Configured maximum memory (in megabytes)  UBin(4)
48  30  Current available memory (in megabytes)  UBin(4)
52  34  Minimum percentage of interactive work  Char(1)
53  35  Maximum percentage of interactive work  Char(1)
54  36  Current percentage of interactive work  Char(1)
55  37  Reserved (binary 0)  Char(1)
56  38  High speed link information   Char(2)
56  38  High speed link connected   Bit 0
   0 =  Partition does not use the high speed link connection
  1 =  Partition uses the high speed link connection
56  38   Reserved (binary 0)   Bits 1-15
58  3A   Internal high speed connection information   Char(2)
58  3A   Internal high speed connection connected   Bit 0
   0 =  Partition is not connected to the internal high speed connection
  1 =  Partition is connected to the internal high speed connection
58  3A   Reserved (binary 0)   Bits 1-15
60  3C   Minimum processing capacity   UBin(4)
64  40   Maximum processing capacity   UBin(4)
68  44   Current processing capacity   UBin(4)
72  48   Current available processing capacity in shared pool   UBin(4)
76  4C   Number of physical processors in shared pool   UBin(2)
78  4E   Reserved (binary 0)   Char(2)
 80  50  --- End ---