>But hasn't IBM's -official- stance always been
>that CFINT is NOT a governor, that it is because
>of "technical" reasons it kicks in?  You all have
>been arguing that this product might cause
>problems because it gets around a governor, but
>IBM has never officially admitted that that is
>what CFINT is.

IBM's official stance has always been "tinker with our internals at your own
risk."  Whether one subscribes to the conspiracy view ("IBM are secretly
throttling performance") or to the published view ("CFINT is the symptom of
overloading the box with interactive work") the net result is the same:
tinkering with internals to modify internal OS/400 work management flow goes
against IBM intentions.

If "conspiracy" IBM sense a revenue loss they will undoubtedly press the
legal issues.  If "published" IBM sense that this is causing maintenance
issues, they will trot out the "we're not supporting you until it's removed"
line.  I can dimly imagine the scenario where IBM allows this product to
flourish under the banner of "3rd party software is a Good Thing" but  it's
a long shot.
  --buck