  • Subject: Re: Hooking display file I/O
  • From: "Leif Svalgaard" <leif@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:15:15 -0500

> I have a basic understanding of the OS/400 implementation of pointers and
> tag bits.  I have not used them yet.  The same holds true for MI.  As you
> know, I purchased your book, and if it turns out that this project is
> feasible, I will devote my free time to going through it.  Is your book
> enough to give me a working knowledge of the pieces I will need?  If not,
is
> it a good starting point?  And what else will I need to learn?

The book should be a good starting point. Spend some time going through
what is says about PCO and SEPT. It also describes how to do I/O using
the SEPT entry points. I'm afraid that there is no manuals or such that
might help you, except some old (dated) S/38 stuff if you can find that.
I'll support you as you go. This list will also be of value if you have
specific questions.

+---