  • Subject: RE: is nmi translator off limits?
  • From: Njål Fisketjøn <n.f@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 23:02:32 +0200

Do you mean that all systems should be static? That all possible parameters of all service program functions
are decided before any programming is done? This is certainly not the case with the applications I know.
We have live and everchanging systems reflecting the changing needs of the companies using them and
their customers.

Do you mean that every time a new parameter is needed to a service program function I should invent a new
name (eg. GetListOfCustomers37)?

Since we're quite off topic here, maybe we should discuss this in the AS/400 NG? :) It would be interesting to know
if I'm out on my own here...