From: owner-mi400@midrange.com [mailto:owner-mi400@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Benjamin Budai
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 6:36 AM
To: mi400@midrange.com
Subject: :(

Hi,

I'm working in part time at a university at Budapest (Hungary). We got a
model 170 this year from IBM for educational purposes. Today a professor
came to me and asked, wheter we could teach assembly language on the
AS/400 instead of PCs. I had to say 'That would be nice, but IBM does not
publish much on low level programming on the AS/400.'
The CL and Program APIs book has something about MI. I also have the MI
Func.
Reference. One can learn the 'alphabet' from these books, but not the
language. Once I asked IBM for the price of LIC Diagnosic Aids. They
replied that this book is not orderable, because it contains IBM
confidential information :( Maybe some people on this list could write
and publish an e-book on MI programming :)

Benjamin Budai

-
ELTE ITCS  - AS/400 rendszergazda
Budapest 1117, Pazmany P. sitany 1/D