  • Subject: RE: MATCTX (was Detecting changing objects...)
  • From: Tim McCarthy <TimM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:18:00 -0500

Now that you've raised your hand Bruce perhaps you could explain IBM's
reasoning in this. I can understand why you might want to prevent me
resolving a system pointer to a system domain object from the user state
but I can't see the exposure in de-referencing a system pointer I
already have. Frankly I don't see the "greater security, integrity,
auditing etc", I just see added nuisance value.

TrailBlazer Systems, Inc.
http://www.softwarejungle.com
AS/400 E-Commerce Solutions

Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.

+---