  • Subject: Using GENOPT(*LIST)
  • From: "Brendan Bispham" <mi400l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:38:31 -0000

~       [Leif Svalgaard]  Most of the time the compiler will tell you
~       at the bottom of the listing (wrksplf to see them). Unfortunately
~       for you, when the errors have to do with parameter lists or
~       operand lists, you don't get any info. but, the fact that you
~       don't get anything simply means that you should check
~       parameters and operand lists.
~
~       I have a program that runs a PC and checks the syntax of
~       an MI-program with much better and nicer error detection
~       that the AS/400 compiler. I could send you that if you
~       want. There is one problem with it, namely that it is rather
~       old and MI has evolved a bit, so some of the newer stuff
~       are flagged as errors. One day when I have time (???)
~       I'll fix that...

When I get past the initial errors and see a listing, I'll let you know!

I wrote an RPG program - that added two numbers and did a DSPLY. I've
converted all the MI into a separate file and tried to compile it, but Ive
got the same IRP error.

The MI begins:

        BRK '.ENTRY  '                              /*Z1STBRK*/      ;

        /* QRGSC 05/18/93 */
                                                                     ;
        /* QRGD1 04/20/94 */
                                                                     ;
        /* QRGAE 04/19/95 */
                                                                     ;
        ENTRY .ENTRY(*ENTRY) EXT                    /*ZENTRY*/       ;
        SETIEXIT .RPGXIEX,.RPXIEXP                  /*SET UP INVOCATI
                                                    GM*/             ;

and then the code continues for some 700 lines. Where do I check? Is there
something that must be at the top of the program?

I'm guessing that the GENOPT(*LIST) provides the MI exactly, and therefore
if there's a mistake it's one of my own creating.

Ta,
Brendan

+---