Dave

The best way to do this is very straight forward. If you had not put
"...with a unit of measure of EA" you could accomplish this with a simple
5 minute change to the attribute "Order Quantity"
[orderQuantityUnitOfMeasure].

Another option, is to use the Order Unit of Measure conversion which
permits rounding rules.

However, since you want to limit it to "EA" only and assuming you are not
converting from other order units of measure, then I recommend that you use
the customer order line item object and create a Edit Class. In my case
the system assigned the edit class C00001 which will be included in the
User Exit UXPCDN1R when you activate the edit class.

This is done in Enterprise Integrator. You can create a new edit class to
only allow whole numbers if Unit of Measure = EA.

Here is some sample code. Although you can use any language, I had this
done in RPG Free as most members of the list read/write RPG.

Note: I personally prefer JAVA or C# because those are the most common
languages in Infor.

Here is the edit class which EI Assigned the subroutine class code of
C00001.

C* START USER PROTECTED SECTION - SECN0R 0008.000 / *USR / C00001
bb01 /Free
bb01 If mcdcqcd = 'EA';
bb01 decplaces = mcdacqt - %int(mcdacqt);
bb01 If decplaces > 0.0000000;
bb01 w#erfl = *on;
bb01 wType = 'E';
bb01 EndIf;
bb01 ENDIF;
bb01 /End-free
C* FINISH USER PROTECTED SECTION - SECN0R 0008.000

Thats it. Should take you 5-10 min.

This sends a message to the user telling them that the quantity requires
whole quantities only.

A nice enhancement would be to automatically do this and then place the
message as a comment in the order line item comment, to advise the customer
of any adjustment that was made on their orders.

By doing simple edit class in EI, it now works no matter where you want to
enter an order from: (PowerLink, NetLink, MS Excel, ION BOD, EDI..etc.)

That is the beauty of EI and SystemLink. Simple edits, small amount of
code, reused everywhere.

There is an COM API available, however these should no longer be used
because we are 15 years into the replacing of the COM RPG code base and in
what is now a very short horizon (weeks, months) these will most likely be
dropped by Infor. As a result, any code written using these API's may be
at risk.

I hope this helps

Kevin Fox

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Dave Lauderdale <DLAUDERDALE@xxxxxxxxxxx>